Sunday, April 28, 2013

ZBF Day Two

This morning I slept in a bit. I didn't have to leave for the train until 9:45, so that was nice. I got to Leuven around 11:05, and ZBF around 11:30. I got 2 more tokens  (jetons) and looked for the FTers - they weren't there, but Mary and Craig called out as I walked by so I settled in at their
History geek + beer geek = ROCK STAR

table which was also a wonderful group. I eventually deposited my cheese & bread that I couldn't take home (boohoo) and it seemed to go over well. It was really wonderful to be in a big group again, as you get to taste so many more beers.

Eventually I saw the FTers, they got there a bit late, and actually Win saw me - so I introduced him to the table. It's a little weird sometimes, as my job is connecting people and I find my personal life echoes that, but it is cool to make connections. Eventually Keith came by as well (after I yelled hey HEY HEY! at him!) and met Mary & Craig, and they discussed Milwaukee beer spots.

At some point I was invited to a brewery tour and, while feeling a teensy bit guilty at ditching the FTers, grabbed at the chance.We took a 30 minute bus ride to the brewery and got a personal tour thanks to Chuck Cook. The brewery owners/brewmasters included a gentleman who had been at InBev with Stella Artois; he was a lovely man and a pleasure to chat with.

Last beers!
It was 9 pm before we got back to Leuven due to funky Sunday bus schedules. We contemplated eating, but decided to have a beer instead (shocking!). That turned in to 2 rounds before I had to head to the train, pouting.

Now it's 1 am and my taxi will be here in 3 short hours... ! I've enjoyed do much the acquaintances and strangers who have become friends on this trip. I hope to stay in touch with many, if not all; they are truly wonderful folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment