Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pre-Trip Frenzy

So I leave for Belgium in 33 hours, I should be in packing or in bed but instead I am blogging!

I'm so excited about this trip. Its started with wanting to go to the Zythos Beer Festival that some acquaintances from FlyerTalk have been to and planned to go to again this year. Then I discovered the Toer de Gueze happening the weekend before, and thought fine, I'll go to both and have tons of free time to bike or eat frites or whatever in between. I thought I might not find enough to do during the week, but it would be relaxing.

Ha.

Turns out my friends of my brother are also going to both beer festivals, and they have been really great about passing on information about other events and inviting me to join them. I also connected with my friends Karla and Chris' family in Belgium, and am spending a day with them! All but one day is now filled, and I'm looking forward to all of the amazing experiences and people that await me.

Oh, and beer.

Now, though, I'd better get to bed - my last good night's sleep until I'm in Brussels!

No comments:

Post a Comment