Sunday, April 28, 2013

Beer Festival (ZBF), Day 1

Crazy!!!

So. On Saturday I got up early and bought groceries (overloaded on Fanta Zero because I love it!), went to Catillon and bought a bottle, then was completely frustrated by public transit trying to get to the train station. Every train/tram/bus had a 10-20 minute wait to get to a station 5-0 minutes away walking. I ended up walking a huge loop, rather than 30 minutes in a straight line, and missed the express train by 30 seconds. Ugh.

Then, the gratis bus to the fest was a scrum - so much pushing and shoving it was shameful. One woman had a panic attack on the bus. Lines to buy tokens (jetons) and glasses were crazy. I nearly walked out. Thank goodness I didn't, as calm ruled when I walked in. I found my fellow FlyerTalkers and spent a wonderful day tasting and sharing beers, chatting, and goofing off. I was the only chick for most of the day,which felt a little weird, but luckily I have a 13-year-old-male sense of humor.  :-) We left around 9 pm as t got too crazy, got dinner, and took the train back to Brussels where I drank a "crap" beer and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment